Kids Friendly cooking Recipes by Cooking Expert Reetika Gadia Jalan
Nachos are a simple mexican dish mostly loved by all the kids. But i refrain my kiddo from having those packet nachos and not possible to go to restaurant too all the time. Thus prepare them at home for him.
Maize flour -1 cup
All purpose flour -1 cup
Oil- 3 tbsp
Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Oregano – 1 tsp
Warm Water to form dough
Onion and garlic powder (optional)
1. Take a small part of dough, and roll out into a thin sheet. Use any flour for dusting if required.
2. Cut the sheet into triangle pieces.
3. Meanwhile heat sufficient oil in a pan for deep frying.
4. Prick the triangles with a fork
5. Deep fry the triangle shaped pieces until golden brown.
6. Let the tissue paper soak all the extra oil.
7. Sprinkle them with salt , red paprika for seasoning. Also add some amchur powder , onion+ garlic powder (optional)
8. Serve just like that or with mayonnaise dip/cheese dip/sauce/cheese or any of the above combinations.
2. Power packed cupcakes:
All the kids love cake, pastries , chocolates, isn’t it? This recipe is surely for kids having sweet tooth but at the same time very healthy. So mommas pls relax, feed your child this and see the smile on his face
Power packed cupcakes
INGREDIANTS FOR CUPCAKES
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup oats (powdered)
3 tbsp – chocolate sauce
3 tbsp – custard powder
Finely chopped almonds 8-10
Sugar add as per taste (1 tbsp approx)
1 Banana (pureed)
1 tbsp flax seeds powdered
A pinch of baking powder
A pinch of baking soda
Milk as required to form smooth batter
INGREDIANTS FOR DECORATION
Colourful sprinklers or simply gems
Optionally you can do icing with whipped cream.
1. Mix all the dry ingrediants
2. Add banana puree, chocolate sauce and finally milk as per requirement. Constantly stir and form a smooth batter ( no lumps and not too flowy ,not too thick)
3. Heat the OTG/tandoor/cooker whatever you use for baking.
4. Grease the cupcake baking tray with very little ghee. Pour in the batter so as to fill up each mould to half or a little more.
5. Bake the cupcakes on medium heat (i use tandoor for baking) for about 15-20 minutes untill the tooth pick comes out clean.
6. Let the cupcakes cool down, take them out carefully from mould and put them in a colourful cupcake paper bowl.
7. Spread a layer of nutella on the cupcake and decorate with some colourful sprinklers or gems.
Ps- engage your kiddo in the process of baking and decoration ( of nachos and cupcakes both). It would be total fun for both of you
Happy eating . Please feel free to ask , if any queries and give feedback too.
Cooking with Kids – Child Friendly Recipes